|10 Year Repair
or Replace Guarantee
|Comparison Plastics Pty Ltd (the
manufacturer) guarantee to repair or replace (at our option),
any defect or fault in our water tank products caused by our
own manufacturing process for a period of ten (10) years from
the date of purchase, providing the tank has been installed
according to our ‘Comparison Plastics Tank Installation
- The guarantee is granted to the original
- The guarantee is limited to the repair or
replacement of the tank only. This is solely at Comparison
Plastics Pty Ltd discretion.
- The manufacturer will not be liable for
any consequential losses including loss of profits or damage
- The manufacturer will repair or replace
the tank but will not be responsible for associated costs
such as removal, installation, labour, fittings, pipes,
tank base, pumps and transport.
- All slimline tanks are to have a safety
bracket (purchased separately) fitted to the back of the
tank by the installer and then secured to the building or
- Slimline tanks must be installed onto an
appropriately designed level concrete slab.
- This guarantee shall not be effective unless
the completed guarantee card is returned to the manufacturer
within thirty (30) days of the purchase date.
- Tanks purchased for the purpose of water
storage are restricted to that purpose only. Storage of
any other materials in the tank will void this guarantee
(Tank is not designed to be a transporter).
- The guarantee does not cover the tank colour
which may in time fade or change. Further, the strainer,
outlet, valve, overflow or any other fittings, are guaranteed
for 12 months only.
- This guarantee does not cover any defect,
failure or deterioration in the polyethylene tank where
any one of the following is a contributing (as determined
by Comparison Plastics Pty Ltd) cause of such defect, failure
- The tank is not properly secured by the
purchaser on delivery. It is recommended that there be
at least 50mm of water in the tank or that the tank is
otherwise secured immediately upon delivery.
- The purchaser does not install the tank
in accordance with the Comparison Plastics Tank installation
- Damage is caused resulting from a modification
to the tank not authorised in writing by the manufacturer.
- The tank is moved from its original site.
- Fittings are attached by other than the
- The manufacturer is not notified of any
defect or fault within seven (7) days of it occurring.
- The manufacturer is not given the opportunity
to inspect the tank within twenty-eight (28) days of such
- Malicious damage or negligent use of the
tank or its fittings.
- Abnormal external influences including
but not limited to mechanical abrasion, falling objects,
acts of war, harmful gasses or fumes, chemicals or foreign
substances. The determination and /or application of
this clause remains solely at the discretion of Comparison
Plastics Pty Ltd.
- As a condition of this guarantee the purchaser
accepts responsibility for associated costs incurred to
inspect and or rectify any problems if, upon inspection,
damage has been caused by other than manufacture or design
- Comparison Plastics Pty Ltd will not repair
or replace any other company’s products. The purchaser
will reimburse Comparison Plastics Pty Ltd for any costs
incurred for travel if, upon arrival at site, the product
is found to be manufactured by another company.
- This guarantee is additional to any mandatory
condition and warranty which may be implied by law.